One of the weaknesses that I can’t seem to overcome is procrastination, so I decided to see what the Bible says about it. The first hit on google is an article by Rick Warren titled Why do I Procrastinate?
It simply shows that there are 5 reasons for procrastination:
- Indecision. “he is a double-minded man, unstable in all his ways” (James 1:8)
- Perfectionism. “He who observes the wind will not sow, And he who regards the clouds will not reap.” (Ecclesiastes 11:4)
- Fear. “The fear of man brings a snare [a trap]” (Proverbs 29:25)
- Anger. “He who is slothful in his work is a brother to him who is a great destroyer” (Proverbs 18:9)
- Laziness. “The soul of a lazy man desires, and has nothing; but the soul of the diligent shall be made rich.” (Proverbs 13:4)
I once heard that it is considered a sin if you decide to postpone something to another day, because by that you are claiming ownership of time, which is not yours. The only “time” you have been granted is NOW.