I can’t possibly count the number of times I was deceived into not believing God’s promises. Every time it happens I just hate myself. I hate myself for being so stupid to believe that all-loving, all-merciful God would just betray me.
What kills me the most is that I already took the decision to surrender my life to God, I made Him king over my entirety, so then what? why am I still doubting His wisdom and His omniscience. Or have not yet given everything to Him??
- Taking a decision that God will rule over my whole life is not an easy one, and even if the decision was taken, very easily I can fall. By nature I want to be in control of my life, and even the media around us is not helping: “Regain control of your life”, “You CAN live a better life”, “Why accept your life the way it is?” …etc.
- Not wanting to blame someone else, but the problem is not always “just” me. Ask Adam and Eve! “Now the serpent was more crafty than any other beast of the field that the Lord God had made. He said to the woman, ‘Did God actually say …?’“ (Genesis 3:2) This isn’t what God actually said, but the devil was shaking their trust in God. The devil was deceiving them to fall into the idea of God not being right.
Haven’t you ever felt you’ve been put in a certain path by God, and then after meeting obstacles you ask your self Did God actually say that you should take that path?
- Did God actually say you should become an Engineer?
- Did God actually say you should move to Arizona?
- Did God actually say you should get kids now?
- …. You get the point.
All I have to say is that if you really crowned God, King over your whole life, and I really mean a true King, unlike the above video, then when you get such thoughts, stand up with power and say “Do not rejoice over me, my enemy; When I fall, I will arise; When I sit in darkness, The Lord will be a light to me.“ (Micah 7:8)